1.25.2005

Last night at BSF I volunteered to help out with the children’s program. I was assigned to level 1 which are 1st and 2nd graders. The sight of these little kids playing makes me smile. The sight of little kids eagerly waving their hands in the air to answer the question of “How can we worship God” makes my heart smile. Hearing these kids’ answers makes my whole world smile. What did you know at the age of 6 or 7? These kids know that they can read the bible, love God, follow God, obey God, and learn about God. These kids knew how to turn to 2 Thessalonians in the bible. These kids knew how to sing hymns. These kids were able to memorize 2 Thessalonians 5:16–17 by the end of the evening. Amazing. If only I had the faith and eagerness of these kids in my Christian walk.

One little girl, Jessica, instantly became my best friend last night. She made an announcement to introduce me to the class as soon as she found out my name: “Everyone, this is my new friend Connie”. The teachers and I shared a quick grin with each other and then one teacher thanked her for introducing me and then proceeded to tell her that she’s not suppose to call me Connie, but to call me Ms. Cheung instead. When we walked down the fall for music, jessica wanted to hold my hand and she wanted to sit next to me during the lesson. When I wasn’t sitting next to her at the table, she was concerned and loudly asked mrs vaughn: “mrs. vaugen, mrs. vaugen, where’s chum?” The teachers and I looked at each other and tried very hard not to laugh out loud. Little kids are so cute!

No comments: