6.06.2006

My first post as a Chan! (Actually, I haven’t formally changed my name yet…but let’s not get bogged down with details now that the wedding is over). This past week has been such a blur – everything came and went so quickly! Time really does just fly when you’re having fun.

Everything went relatively smoothly that day: Praise God! The weather was slightly warm, but at least it didn’t rain and it wasn’t as hot and humid as it was on Monday! (for our Monday visitors….we promise to have A/C at our house the next time you come visit!) The one “mishap” I heard about afterwards was the fact that my flower girl ran down the aisle crying and screaming “I’m never going to be a flower girl again!” in Chinese. hehe...I definitely wouldn’t say that ruined the wedding or anything like that – in fact, I think everyone got a good laugh out of it. I just hope she’s not scarred for life!

The only thing I wish I could have changed was the amount of time I got to chat w/ friends. The day passed by so quickly that there just wasn’t enough time to talk to everyone, especially those from out of town. Saying “Hi and thanks for coming” does not constitute the type of chatting I had in mind – so I apologize if I didn’t get a chance to talk to you! That just means you’ll have to come visit again. I’ll try to be a better host next time!

It was weird not having a camera with me and not being able to take pictures whenever I wanted and with whoever I wanted. So if you have pictures, please send them my way!! I only have one or two right now. I hope the photographer took a lot of good pictures too!

A part of me wishes we went on a honeymoon right away to complete the whole wedding experience – it would have been nice to just get away and not think about anything or worry about anything for a week or so. But we opted to go to Hawaii in November (hooray for United Miles and free flights!), so now there’s something we can look forward to when it starts getting cold again here.

We had a separate reception in NY for my husband’s (that sounds so weird!) family and friends who couldn’t make it out to Michigan. Actually, it was much easier for the 6 of us (my immediate family came with us) to travel to NY than it was for everyone else to fly to Michigan. Plus it was a nice weekend trip. Our parents got along very well and had a very nice time too.

There’s so many details of this past week that I want to elaborate on, but this post is already too long. Maybe I’ll just wait for pictures…After all, a picture is worth a thousand words!

No comments: