This week and last week have been crazy at work. I don't think I've felt this much stress or pressure since I first started this position 1.5 years ago, when my learning curve needed to exhibit exponential growth. You would think that as I learn more and gain more experience, things would get easier...but as of late, it's not!! To sum it up - there's all these things I'm responsible for, but have no control over. I have to rely on undependable people to deliver before I can take care of my stuff and some days are extremely frustrating because I feel helpless. But by the grace and mercy of God, everything is falling into place just in time and I still have my sanity.
Yesterday, I worked 14 hours! Yes, 14...but 5 of those hours were spent at my parents restaurant. My parents are short on help this month so they asked me to help out on Tuesdays. It was kind of fun though because I kind of miss working at the restaurant and interacting with [good/nice/friendly] customers, but also because patchanams also came with me. We usually just go out there just to eat, but my parents put him to work too! (just for fun though! ) It was funny seeing him learn how to pack carry outs, do kitchen work, and bus tables. Next week we'll train him to seat customers and work the cash register!
No comments:
Post a Comment