2.21.2008

It was this month 8 years ago that I accepted Christ into my life. 8 years. That seems like a very long time, but it's not when compared to eternity. I think accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior has actually made life more difficult in some sense, but on the other hand, definitely more rewarding and worthwhile. I say it's more difficult because it makes you examine all these nooks and crannies of your human nature and it reveals to you an endless abyss of sins...your sins. It makes you feel worthless because you realize what a horrible person you really are. But what's so amazing about God is that despite all my imperfections, despite all my sinful tendencies, despite all my shortcomings, despite all my quirks, God still loves me. He loves me to the point that He sacrificed His one and only son for me. He loves me so much that He's showered me with His grace and mercy. He loves me so much that He only wants what's best for me and tries to mold me to be what He knows I can be and should be. Sometimes I resist, as if I'm porcealin and unmoldable...but then He just breaks me and I humbly fall to my knees and am reminded that I am nothing with Him.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

No comments: