4.27.2004

Unbelieveable. As I pulled into one of the aisles of our parking lot this morning, there was a car in front of me who was waiting for another car to pull out of its spot so that he could pull in. I was trying to pass him but there was oncoming traffic so I patiently waited. A minute later, a truck pulls up behind me and starts honking like a mad-man so the guy in front of me peels forward a few spots so that there was enough room for us to get around him. As I drive by him, I see him cursing at me through his window. So I think nothing of it because I knew I didn't do anything wrong and I probably won't see the guy anyways.

So as I walk through the lobby turnstyle and towards my office area:
some guy in a stern voice: YOU need to lay off on the horn.
me in stern voice: excuse me!? YOU need to know the facts before you accuse people of anything. (so this is what I wish I would have said)
me in a defensive, panicky voice: it wasn't me! it was the guy behind me! (what i actually said)
same guy in a less stern voice: are you sure?
me in a stern voice: of course I'm sure, you jerk. (what i was thinking)
me in a defensive voice: yeah. (what i actually said)

And then he walks away without even apologizing for his rude, accusatory comment to me. Good morning to you too, jerk!

No comments: