12.22.2004

COOKIES GALORE!!!


I've never baked so many cookies in my life!...they weren't just "place and bake" cookies either - it was the real deal!...all 450(?? we kind of lost count) of them. The picture above was our ghetto cookie cooling rack and packing station.

So why did we bake so many cookies? Because it was a missions fundraising event for pat's youth group. Next summer (2005), his youth group will be going on a missions trip to a Navajo Reservation in Shiprock, NM to teach VBS...(actually, I'll be going with them too as their 4th counselor!) This was their first fundraising event and it went over quite well. They were selling cookie-grams at church and both the Chinese and English congregations were extremely supportive. One lady from the Chinese congregation bought a cookie-gram for every single person in the Chinese congregation. How thoughtful and generous of her! In total, I think 1500 cookies were baked for this fundraiser. The kids did an excellent job of wrapping up and delivering the cookies. Great job J.Crew! =)...and a huge pat on the shoulder to jennie for organizing this!

No comments: