12.13.2004

I’ve seen large flocks of birds resting on a power line countless number of times, but from what I can remember, this weekend was the first time that I actually watched them. It wasn’t for a long time, just the length of one traffic light. It was interesting though because I noticed that after most of the birds of a flock have claimed their spot on the power line, straggler birds would just fly in and squeeze its way in between two other birds, forcing those two birds to inch out and make room. In inching out, those birds would bump into the bird next to it, forcing that bird to inch out as well – causing a domino effect on the rest of the birds.

I don’t know why I decided to blog about it. I think maybe because it’s something that happens all the time, yet this is the first time that I noticed it. It made me think about how it’s so easy to overlook something so obvious when we’re so blinded with the busyness of every day life.

What are you overlooking this busy holiday season? Don't forget about the reason for this season...

No comments: