2.21.2005

i'm a dork...and here's why...

The other day I heard about how one of my friends had called in to cancel her Worldperks Visa Card, but when she tried to do so, the customer representative persuaded her to keep the account by permanently waiving the annual fee. Being the thrifty person that I can be, I thought I'd call to cancel my account too and then they would persuade me to keep my card by waiving my annual fee, therefore allowing me to save that money for a rainy day. What an ingenious scheme, right!? WRONG. It totally backfired because the customer representative didn't care that i was about to cancel my account. I felt stupid to say "just kidding" and hang up so now i no longer have a worldperks visa account. That totally wasn't suppose to happen...he was suppose to ask me how they can keep me from cancelling my account with them and i was suppose to tell them to waive my annual fee. Why does my brain react so slowly to these situations?! I could have just said i didn't want to cancel it anymore or i totally could have just hung up because he was just a voice on the other end of the phone line. *sigh* Lesson learned: I suck at stuff like this. This is the very reason why I feared calling Sprint, threatening to cancel my account with them to see if i can finagle my way to a new phone, or extra minutes, or credit off my next bill...because with my luck, they would say "okay. cancelled."

i'm such a dork. =P

No comments: