So here’s an illustrated story of the proposal...**read at your own discretion…its kind of long**
[Prologue – Pat has been traveling to Seattle Monday through Thursdays for work. That weekend, he was suppose to come out to visit me instead of going home to Chicago. He told me his flight would get in around 8pm on Friday night, May 6th.]
So I wake up like it’s any other normal day of my life. Only I knew it wasn’t going to be like any other normal when I saw a rose at my door. On the rose was a little tag with a message greeting me a good morning. At that moment, I thought to myself “Pat is proposing to me today!”…I just didn’t know when, where or exactly how. After I got ready for work, I went downstairs and saw another rose on the kitchen counter with the word “today” tied to it. Next I went to my car and when I opened the door, I saw another rose on the driver seat with “is a” tag tied to it. As I was driving to work, I thought that it was very sneaky of my mom or Chrissy to help Pat with this and I wondered where they hid the roses since I didn’t see them anywhere at home. Then I thought maybe Pat put the roses there himself....but then dismissed that idea since he told me he would still be in Seattle for a meeting that morning.
  
  
  
  
Fast forward an hour – my mom is at work and Chrissy left abruptly to go to Kohls. My mom calls me and tells me to pick something up from the restaurant before I go to the airport. I ask her what and she just hung up on me, later claiming she didn’t hear me ask her that question. I checked the flight arrival time and find that Pat’s flight is getting in 20 minutes early so I leave right away. When I went to my car, there was another rose in the driver seat with “because I have” tied to it. I then drove out to the restaurant to see what my mom wanted me to pick up and when I walked in there, she said someone left these for you and handed me two more roses. One had “something important” tied to it while the other had “to ask you.”
  
   
   
[Epilogue – The end really wasn’t as smooth as it sounds. As I came off the escalator, one of the NWA workers was suppose to hand me a rose with nothing tied to it. Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and the NWA worker wasn’t given a signal that I was suppose to be the person receiving the rose so I walked right past him. That’s when I saw Pat and camera-person (Chrissy) peaking around the elevators.]
To clear up any confusion, Pat was actually the one leaving the roses everywhere for me. He had actually came into Michigan Thursday night and stayed with Steve and Cathy. He had everything planned out – from times of when he was going to leave the roses at their specific spot to turning off his phone during the times he was suppose to be flying. Very sneaky! Those better be the ONLY lies he ever tells me!! =P
(I hope this made sense...I had to leave out some details because it was getting waaaaaay too long)
No comments:
Post a Comment