I really enjoy this holiday season...even though the birth of Jesus has been commercialized to the point where people don't even realize He is the reason for the season. I especially enjoy seeing all the lights people put up, although some people go overboard and then it just becomes plain tacky.
We put up a few strands of lights outside too...but its nothing to oooh and aaaah about. We will have to slowly work up to that point...being that we're in a new house, we would have to a lot to make it look nice. Granted, Christmas lights aren't that expensive (I got a set of 100 lights at Walmart for $1.99), but it's everything else that adds up....we would need to buy a ladder, extension cords, hooks, etc etc. Even our Christmas tree is kind of bare since [nice] ornaments are not cheap. But despite the lack of ornaments, I really like the way our tree turned out. Here's a picture of our tree and one of my favorite ornaments [it's easy to chose a favorite when you don't have many to chose from ]


Anyways, I know we just came back from Hawaii not too long ago, but we're getting ready for our next vacation....an Eastern Caribbean Cruise during Christmas with the in-laws. I'm looking forward to it! [another reason why we didn't buy more Christmas decorations for the house....this has been quite a year of spending!]
No comments:
Post a Comment