Back when we I was in school, summers were awesome because, well, they were summers. That meant no homework, no tests, no waking up early because we had to catch the bus. Instead, we woke up early, hopped on our huffy ten speeds and meandered over to the elementary school that was hosting summer playground. Summer playground mostly consisted of nok hockey, four square, and army dodge with the occasional field trip to the water park, roller-skating, and at the end of the program, the beach. On the days of sweltering heat, we opted to stay inside and do arts and crafts such as methodically weaving strands of thin plastic together to make cool key chain designs (the ones where almost everyone knew how to make, but few knew how to get one started). Life was bliss.
Things are different now. Summer is no different than the winter in terms of working, well, at least for those of us who are stuck in the 9-5 office routine. I try not to complain because I’m one of the lucky ones who have a normal 8 hour day, but some days being at work is mentally draining because I’m constantly thinking about how I just don’t want to be here at all. I can’t imagine having a job that I would look forward coming into each day. I’m sure that exists, but at a fraction of what my current job pays. Should that matter? I feel it shouldn’t, but it does. I’m such a victim of this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment