7.30.2004

iiiiii got to play 2 hours of sand volleyball yesterday! One hour of league, and then another hour of 2 on 2. As tiring as 2 on 2 can be, I LOVE it! I get a chance to work on all aspects of my game – passing, setting and spiking, and on top of that, endurance. Running around in the sand gives you a great workout (SD guys would agree;)).

Three volleyball experiences that stand out in my mind are (in no particular order):
(1) Last year when we formed the girls team to play at the CCUC tournament. We rocked! It was so much fun being a team and doing team cheers and just re-living the high schoolish team spirit once again. Go Fruits (of the spirit)! =)
(2) Spring break ’99 (...I think – someone correct me if I’m wrong) when chrissy, eric, louis and I played 2 on 2 at the beach in...Miami! Now that was awesome!
(3) Last year when phil, alex, chrissy and I took a road trip to toronto to play in the not-so-pro beach volleyball tournament. 2 sunny days of non-stop volleyball action...and placing 8th out of 50some teams!

chrissy and I have been talking about signing up for a female 4s tournament for some time now. Problem is that the days/times aren’t good for us...plus the other two girls we want to play with are out of the country! *sigh*...someday we will have the chance to play on a womens’ height net again...where I can block! hehe

No comments: