Last Monday night was my last BSF class for the study of Israel and the Minor Prophets. We didn’t actually have a lesson last night, but instead it was a time of sharing. We were given a chance to share what we’ve learned through these past 8 months of studying the bible or what prayer requests were answered this year. I love hearing testimonies of how God has been working in peoples’ lives.
Some of the women shared about how through this study, they have been reminded of certain attributes of God. Here are a couple that I was reminded of that night, and a couple others that I’ve learned throughout this study:
- God is a loving God and that His promises are true
- God is faithful to those who are obedient to Him
- God is more interested in our ultimate good rather than our present comforts
- God's judgement may be delayed, but can't be denied
- God tests us not to find out how we react, but so that we know how we will react
- A sovereign God isn't limited by our limitations
Others shared how God has blessed them this year. One testimony that stands out in my mind is about this lady who’s been praying for her in-laws’ salvation for the past 20 years. After 20 years of prayer, her father-in-law came to know the Lord as his savior a couple of weeks ago. 20 years…I can’t imagine having the patience and endurance to continually pray for one thing for so long. Living in a world that thrives on instant results, we tend to relinquish all efforts if something doesn’t go our way, right away…I’m definitely guilty of that. I was so encouraged though by her testimony…encouraged to know that God hears our prayers and answers them by His timing, by His ways, by His grace.
"...Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit..." - Zechariah 4:6
No comments:
Post a Comment